Global Hospital Institute of Ophthalmology is a dedicated eye facility created in 2003 to support the expanding eye services and community opthalmology programme. L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, is the unit’s technical mentor.
A new wing called P C Parmar Foundation Global Hospital Eye Care Centre was established in 2007 to cater to the growing demand for eye services. It houses specialist ophthalmic clinics, private hospital rooms (50 beds) and an area to teach ophthalmology. Commissioning this additional facility has drawn a large number of paediatric and adult patients requiring advanced eye surgery.
Global Hospital & Research Centre trustees with the late Shri P C Parmar, his son Jayesh Parmar and other members of the Parmar family at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the new eye wing, P C Parmar Foundation Global Hospital Eye Care Centre
- Specialist ophthalmic clinics
- Private hospital rooms (50 beds)
- Ophthalmology teaching area
- Advanced paediatric and adult eye surgery
DELIVERING EYE CARE TO DISADVANTAGED COMMUNITIES
Both routine and emergency sight restorative care is offered,
Juveniles are treated in a child-friendly clinic.
Consultants participate actively in conferences and workshops, delivering papers and talks.
A range of modern equipment facilitates diagnosis.
Public awareness is a key focus, one way to spread awareness is by holding rallies
Community outreach services include screening school children for ocular ailments
Support from individuals, trusts and agencies helps Global Hospital Institute of Ophthalmology sustain and expand programmes for the benefit of the community. Click on a logo to know how the partner/agency is collaborating with the hospital.
- Anterior segment microsurgeries
- Cataract extraction by phaco-emulsification or by small incision with posterior chamber IOL implantation
- Glaucoma, trauma, adnexal and vitreo-retinal surgery
- Contact lenses fitting and care
- Corneal services including eye banking and corneal transplantation
- Glaucoma care
- Laser retinal photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy
- Low vision aids
- Nd Yag laser services
- Neuro-ophthalmological care
- Oculoplasty and orbit services
- Paediatric ophthalmology
- Strabismology and uveitis clinics
Dr Vishal Bhatnagar
Medical Superintendent & Consultant Ophthalmologist
Dr Chandresh Nandwana
Dr V K Sharma
Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist
Dr Seema Laad
Junior Consultant Ophthalmology & Glaucoma Specialist