Dr Dilip Kothari, consultant gastrointestinal, general & laparoscopic surgeon leads and heads the Surgical Department. He is assisted by Dr Deepak GN, junior consultant surgeon. Senior clinical associate in the surgical department Dr Naba Jyoti Upadhyaya completes the team.
The Surgical Department handles a wide spectrum of cases including:
- Hernias of all types
- Gall bladder stone operations
- Small intestine operations
- Colon and rectum operations
- Surgery for pancreas & liver problems
- Operations of the eosophagus
- Operations of the stomach (intestinal problems)
- Piles, fistula & fissure operations
- Breast-related operations
The team handles a variety of cancers of the abdomen.
Urology surgeries are performed by a visiting surgeon.
Routine investigative procedures include upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, etc. Other routine procedures include endoscopic dilatation, endoscopic variceal, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, etc.